Saturday, 2 May 2009
Today i have started the Serotta Project.
Now with de decals on it's way from the Serotta factory and the contact with a good painter (i have seen some work and that looks nice) i thought it was time to get myself some paintstripper and start stripping ;)
this was the reason for me that i wanted to get it repainted, the paint looked reasonably well but there were to many chips for my "building standard"
I bought some paint stripper from Alabastine.
Tested it first on a small part of the rear and it worked rather good.
I had to apply it thicker and longer then i first expected but i had time enough so that was no problem
The parts with the decals seemed to be thougher so had to be treated twice and a bit longer
after the paintstripper i used some Brillo wool to get clean the frame and remove the last spots and paintstripper remains
underneath the iconic orange paint a beautifully welded titanium frame came to the front.
and mentioned before : this is the color scheme i am going for :
previous TiMax post:
-> Serotta Titanium candy, works of art
-> Brooks Swift Titanium for the Serotta TiMax
Posted by OLD-METAL at 22:17