The last post was about the Nuke Proof that got stolen,..and I am back now,..it has surfaced again :) YEAH!
A few weeks back, on a sunday, I got a phone call from a bike friend that my Nuke Proof was offered on the local internet Market (marktplaats) site.
We decided that he was going after it right away,..Roy went there and bought the bike back for a small part of the actual value.
Roy said that if he felt that it was the actual thief , he would have picked it up without paying but he did not have the impression that it was.
When he gave the seller the money he informed him that the bike was stolen and that shocked the seller (although his story was a bit,..naaaaah,....not straight)
but at the end, i got my favorite bike back :)
He bike was still in a perfect condition, the only thing is, all NUKE PROOF decals were removed, but that is fine, new once are on their way.
When it got stolen last September, I totally lost the passion for the bikes, but with the return of the stolen NP I got it back !
It will never be the same as before, I have a few ventures since a couple of months so I now spend my money on other things but the NP will get a second life.
I will make this one my hardcore racer and upgrade the frame/bike to a new level.
Changes that will be made:
- The Paul canto brakes will be replaced by Control Tech Canti's
- The M900 shifter/lever combo will be replaced by XT or Paul Thumbies icw red Chicken Stix levers
- The Suspension fork will be replaced by a Steel or Ti Rigid fork
- The XTR Cranks will be replaced by Syncros revolution or Cook Bros RSR cranks
- The Rond wheel set by Chris King Classic Hubed wheels
- The Seatpost and Stem by Moots Ti hardware
and then I will look for some detailing
but I want to ride it soon again :)